Obviously the "Oma" is already in Omaruru, but couldn't it have been Opa-handja too? No. Omaruru has endless advantages over any other possible location in Namibia:
- Cozy, medium-sized village, a well-stocked Spar supermarket, 4 cafes and an artist's place. Dörgelo chocolate factory, marble works. 50 percent of all wine farms in Namibia (2) and with Tikoloshe a master wood carver maker.
- Local recreation areas within 50 km for hiking such as Spitzkoppe and Erongo with a small Bushman village.
- Pleasant climate, no frosty nights like in Windhoek and no wet and cold weather like in Swakopmund. The gout can wait.
- Omaruru can be reached via tar road. A small VW Golf is enough to be mobile. 3 cars in front of you is already a traffic jam in Omaruru
- Only an hour's drive to desert elephants and Bushmen, as well as 3 game reserves and lodges with large game in the vicinity
- Only 3 hours drive to the beach walk in Swakopmund
- Only 3 hours drive to the capital Windhoek with international airport
- Only 3 hours drive to Etosha National Park